Looking Back - Looking Forward
The economic and social contribution of the Western Australian Co-operative and Mutual Enterprise Sector to the State's Economy
Overview & Aims
- What main economic and social contributions have been made by the CME sector to WA since 1829?
- How did community collaboration and existing social capital influence the foundation and sustainability of CMEs in WA?
- What role has government legislation and policy played in shaping the development of and change in the CME sector in WA?
- How have CMEs played a role in addressing market failures within selected industries across WA?
- What impacts have changes in industry structure and market competition had on CMEs within WA?
- What role have CMEs in WA played in addressing the impacts of changing environmental contexts such as droughts, cyclones, bushfires, climate change, disease, wars and global economic shocks and depression?
- How have WA CMEs adapted their business models to respond to political, economic, social, technological, and environmental challenges, and what was the role played by their organisational purpose and ability to offer member’s value?