Co-operatives and Mutuals Strategic Development Program (CMSDP)
Sustainable Co-operative Enterprise: An investigation into the factors influencing the sustainability and competitiveness of co-operative enterprises
Overview & Aims
- Compare and contrast the co-operative and mutual business model with that of investor-owned businesses.
- Exhibit knowledge of the co-operative and mutual business model as it exists locally, nationally, and globally.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply understanding of the co-operative and mutual enterprise business model dynamics to solving of managerial problems.
- Evaluate the impact and make strategic decisions in relation to government policies and legislation, competitive market dynamics, social cooperation with the member community, and the impact of the natural environment.
- Understand the nature of member loyalty and engagement within a co-operative and mutual enterprise, and how to strengthen and retain member commitment.
“The program had a profound impact on my understanding of co-operative and mutual enterprise and has confirmed for me why we do the things we do.”Paul Amos, The Co-op Heart of the Barossa, past participant